These are definitely a favorite!
4 Large potatoes
1 (3oz) pkg cream cheese
1 tsp chives
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 tbsp sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
additional grated cheese on top
1. Scrub potatoes; grease with shortening lightly
2. Bake in 400 degree oven for 1 hr.
3. When cool, split potatoes and scoop out into electric mixer bowl.
4. Add remaining ingredients (minus the egg) and beat well.
5. Add egg and beat until smooth.
6. Fill shells and sprinkle with paprika and cheese.
7. Bake at 375 degrees until puffy.
I often use a little more cream cheese than it calls for.